1. Refunds Generally – for purchases from Leapster.co.za
1.1 NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
Save for certain exceptional cases (as listed below), you are entitled to cancel any purchase made via this Website within 7 days after your receipt of the product and to obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged by the seller thereof for the return of the product (which, in the case of a product sold by Leapster.co.za, must occur by following the returns procedure set out in the ‘Arranging Returns’ section below). Note that although you are entitled to cancel your purchase as aforesaid, you must return the product in the condition you received it.
NOTE: A R100 shipping & handling charge is applicable to non-defective returns.
1.2 LATE DELIVERY
If a product purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period, or where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the Product, the ECT Act entitles you to cancel such sale on 7 days notice to the seller of such product (i.e. either Leapster.co.za, as the case may be), the functionality for giving such notice being provided on the ‘my orders’ webpage of the Website.
Should a product purchased be unavailable, the seller thereof (i.e. Leapster.co.za, as the case may be) must notify you and issue a full refund within 30 days after such notice.
2. Refunds on purchases from Leapster.co.za
2.1 EARLY CANCELLATIONS – PENALTY FREE*
If timeously cancelled, you will be fully refunded in respect of such cancelled sale (including delivery charges), without any administrative or other charges being payable; provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges.
2.2 DEFECTIVE / DAMAGED / UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS
- GENERAL RULE: If, within 1 months after delivery of a product to you,
- you find that the product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”); and
- you arrange to return such product to Leapster.co.za for inspection in the manner described in the ‘Arranging Returns’ section below (being the ONLY manner in which returns will be accepted)
and the product is subsequently found -
- to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to either (a) have the product repaired or replaced at Leapster.co.za’s expense, or (b) be fully refunded;
- NOT to be Defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to Leapster.co.za and then re-delivered to you.
- WHEN IS A PRODUCT ‘DEFECTIVE’? Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product Defective as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- where you, or someone unauthorised to do so by Leapster.co.za, has altered or damaged the product. IMPORTANT: you should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left (eg a cracked screen), then you must report it to Leapster.co.za as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If only reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for Leapster.co.za or its suppliers to determine that the damage was caused post delivery;
- where a toy is not suitable for your child because of his/her age, but the toy is only suitable for children over a certain age, as may be expressly indicated, or reasonably obvious from the nature of the toy;
- EXCEPTIONS TO THE GENERAL RULE:
- Special Offers: If the product was ordered pursuant to a “Special Offer” and such product is no longer being offered at the special price, should you elect to have the product repaired or replaced (as opposed to being refunded), Leapster.co.za will only be able to repair, not replace same.
- Certain product types which have been opened: To combat the illegal copying of digital media, if the following types of products are returned for being defective or damaged, they will only be replaced with another copy of the same product and will not be refunded.
- Manufacturer’s Warranties/Guarantees: Certain products may carry additional manufacturer’s warranties/guarantees which are wider in scope, and/or longer in duration, than the 6 month warranty generally provided (as discussed above). Consequently, if a defect is discovered AFTER 6 months from delivery, you could still rely on the following:
- Electronic hardware (excluding Gaming Consoles)
- Electronic hardware manufacturer guarantees are normally a 1 year repair guarantee. Leapster.co.za’s liability under such Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantee is restricted to the costs of repair or replacement of faulty goods or granting of a credit at the sole discretion of Leapster.co.za and its suppliers after investigation and/or testing of goods.
- All Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment be tampered with, or the seals on equipment be broken by anyone other than the manufacturer’s representative, or the goods be operated outside the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Under no circumstances will Leapster.co.za be liable for any damage arising from any misuse or abuse of the goods.
- Games and Software
Defective games and other software may be exchanged for the same game/software, but no refunds will be payable.
2.3 NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
Products which are NOT defective, damaged or unsuitable as discussed above, but which you want to return for whatever reason, can be returned within 7 days from delivery, as explained above under ‘Non-Defective Product. by following the returns procedure set out in ‘Arranging Returns’ below.
NOTE: Íf you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product. Remember that Leapster.co.za may hold you liable for any damage you cause to the product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
Incorrect Product: If the incorrect Product is delivered to you by mistake (ie it is not the Product you purchased), please do not remove the Product from its original packaging, open or use the Product in any way. Please promptly contact the Leapster.co.za call centre at (011) 849 5153 to notify Leapster.co.za thereof, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such Product from you and deliver the correct Product to you, as quickly as possible.
NOTE: A R100 shipping & handling charge is applicable to non-defective returns.
2.4 ARRANGING RETURNS
If you want to return a product you have purchased from Leapster.co.za for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify Leapster.co.za thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via either:
Once you have successfully logged your return as aforesaid, Leapster.co.za will issue you with a returns authorisation number (“RA Number”) and arrange for the collection of the product from you. You must ensure that the Product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
- the Product is properly protected;
- save where being returned due to being Defective, the Product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
- aforesaid RA Number is accurately reflected on the courier’s collection slip.
- Leapster.co.za is not able to accept the return of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid RA Number. Products returned without a valid RA Number will not have been validly returned and may be sent back to you at your expense.
- Please treat products and packaging with reasonable care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right Leapster.co.za may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
2.5 PROCESSING OF REFUNDS
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall –
a) in the case of payment having been made by credit card, be effected on the credit card account as the case may be, provided that if you are refunded on a credit card in respect of only a portion of any order placed by you, then any subsequent refunds processed in respect of that order will be credited to you in accordance with (b) below;
b) in other instances, be credited to you, in which case you have the right to request that the funds be paid into your bank account, being your bank account as reflected on Leapster.co.za’s records. Leapster.co.za will not, in this instance, pay funds into a third party bank account.
As refunds need to be processed by the banks, please note that the processing of refunds can take up to 5 working days from approval date